Loose and free, bold powerful and evocative art images are my main objective and my Favorites…. tend to reflect this as well.
I find beauty in many places and things………..
Bones of Time, photo from the post Bones of Time Zen
These are some of my personal favourite posts over the past year:
- Spring, Remembered reawakening your creativity
- Dreams of An 8 year old Artist One Word has the Power
- Watercolour Basic Tips Beginner Watercolors, multiple posts
- Touching The Mountain sculptural effects in watercolor
- Banish Boring Brushstrokes How to Stop overworking paintings
- 7 Days of Zen the 7th, in a series of beautiful Zen art posts
- My Magical Monday how to start a Monday
- Beguiling Addiction of Cobalt Teal Blue the decadence of cobalt teal
I selected those posts as favourites for a few reasons.
I have a passion for the Process of Painting, rather than solely on the product.
And this, is a major driving force in my art.
I love to experiment, to use, harness, channel my paints and tools as my avenue of creative and imaginative self expression.
Simply, Watercolors a very relaxed approach to letting the brush do the work for you.
I present creative, imaginative, art courses in Perth at the UWA University of Western Australia Extension and the Atwell Gallery – Zen of Drawing, Funky Flowers, The Excitement of Art and Watercolors with a Twist.
My primary goals in teaching: to impart the Basics – while inspiring the individual’s imagination, self expression and their inner creativity.
Many of my website posts and articles are very strongly influenced by the fact I am a teacher. Its just what I do!