It is the spirit of peace that calls out to be heard and shared.
It is simply sharing a moment of goodness, of something ‘lovely and precious.’
It is the Light that keeps us going, dark the night may be.
This is the 3rd year I’ve posted this oil painting during the Christmas Season.
I love the colors, the feeling, the Message!
Its great to start fun new traditions. Sharing this lovely blue oil painting each holiday seems like a wonderful one to continue.
A Way With Oils
Painting with oils on a lovely rich and sturdy canvas is a delight.
2. The good canvas has a certain Responsiveness, a give, a ‘spring’ to it that those cheaper panels… don’t even come close to.
3. The Canvas grips and holds, your brushstroke.
4. Freezing in time, the feeling, the expression the artist was experiencing.
5. When I’ve used the panels they feel harsh, hard. There is no give, no spring. No responsiveness. They feel slick, slippery. Resistant. As if they’re made one way and will adamantly resist this freedom of expression. This, is of course, my own personal experience and thoughts.
6. I love the way good canvas feels, it is such a Joy!
7. It seems to respond and dialogue with the artist with each brush stroke. Expressing the mood and essence of the artist and subject – with greater ease.
8. The Materials we choose, should ‘help’ the artist. Not create battles and hindrances.
9. This particular canvas featured, I primed and stretched myself.
I don’t do that as a rule though! I normally am time poor, so will buy the professional grade wrap around edge canvas. (Knowing it Can be painted over, In OILS, which makes the budget minded me, quite happy!)