Welcome and Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you’re having an enjoyable stroll around the website finding things of interest!
Why I teach art and why I began the website……
I’m passionate and enthusiastic about finding ways to share art ideas with others.
To help the Individual express their own uniquely creative voice and their own thoughts and feelings.
To find the pathway to artistic authenticity.
My current work project is making my art designs available in my online shop Society6.com.
25+ Designs are now available as canvas prints, iphone covers, gift cards, duvets, fashion items and home decor items.
More to be added, at Society 6 Debiriley in the upcoming weeks.
I love experimental art processes,
diversity of creative expression.
That, and of course, Colour!
Watercolor Basic Tips, watercolor landscapes and techniques for beginners, collage, oils, acrylics and abstracts are some my fav topics.
When I’m not busy teaching or painting, I’m building a Pinterest.com/debijriley site. You’ll find great art ideas – Watercolors, Pastels, Oils, Mixed Media, Painting, Drawing, Collage, Printmaking, Encaustic, and “Rivers, In Art.”
My love of Diversity
I was a pure watercolorist. Teaching “Absolute Beginners Watercolours” at Manly Warringah Community College for years. Then, our life changed with a series of job transfers around the globe.
With the many new countries, new cities, centres, colleges, I heard the same thing, with a great deal of repetition……
We don’t need a beginner’s watercolour teacher.
We already have one!” My face fell each time, in those early years of such remarks. Many times though, that “No” would soon be followed with a new statement.
“But, can you teach something Different?!“
And I would reply,
“YES. I CAN.”
- After 15 + years of “Can you teach something Different?”
- Its what I Love to do!
- Different made me develop in ways I never expected
- Its been great fun with every new step
Art Prize Award Highlights Gallery, include:
- 2015 Curators Pick MCAA Aug 6, 2015 Indian Ocean mixed media
- 2014 Mastery of Technique Watercolour Prize MCAA 2014 Zen I
- 2005 “Outstanding Artistic Vision” and ….. “Exceptional skill in the media” comment by North Central Texas College judge, Dan Bills
- “Impressive image, sensitive, economical in its colour, tonal and shape relationships…..The Outstanding work in the modern section.” comment made by 1998 KAS judge, Patrick Carroll
- 1999 Grand Champion of Show Watercolour Art Prize Manella Show
Visual Arts Instructor work history:
- University of Western Australia extension Perth, WA
- Atwell Gallery Perth, WA
- Daniel Smith Art Materials: Seattle; Bellevue; Silverdale, Washington
- Central Coast Community College Ourimbah, NSW
- Manly Warringah College (Northern Beaches Community College ) Sydney
- Shoreline Community College, Washington USA