The original Autumn watercolor landscape…. it held promise.
The thing I love about watercolors…. well, one of the many things! Is when an image doesn’t quite gel, I can return and Re-color it.
Even if its Later. Much Later!
Thats exactly what I’ve done with this Autumn Watercolor Landscape.
Promises of Watercolor
It held promise.
Yet, wasn’t quite what I was looking for. Not quite how I was feeling. I wasn’t “Feeling It” yet.
But, this morning I thought I’d tackle a few projects. This Autumn scene was first on the list.
How did I fix the watercolor landscape?
Help is on its Way: Conte and Pastels
I gathered a lovely box of colored Conte crayons.
They’re really more like hard pastels actually. But great as they have edges and points that allow me to get just a wee bit of detail in.
Then I also opened up my box of new, hand made soft pastels.
Made by Mount Vision Pastel Company, they are soooo gorgeous, so soft. They’re a Delight to use. I will be getting some more.
Lush lilac. Beguiling cobalt teal. Seductive peach. Creamy pale butter and Vibrant sunflower yellow orange. Yummy.
Steps to Fixing and… re-coloring
- I’ve used purple to add recession, depth and a bit of needed coolness.
- Cobalt Teal was ‘danced about’ to liven up any flat, dead patches.
- Sunflower yellow orange created more intensity, joy and drama.
- White Conte provided the much needed Light tones!
- Butter Yellow added amongst the trees, shrubs, borders as a little ‘pick me up’
- Square format was retained, I liked it best
- A clear Evident focal point, right lower area Tree Trunks, helps the design now
Did you enjoy this post and painting ?!
- You all are Welcome to Pin this on Pinterest!
- The more you repin and Share my paintings,
- the more people can actually …….. Find My Website!
Below – this is a look at just part of the older, original watercolor landscape.
Not super exciting, a bit ‘rough’ and not quite there yet. Fixable though.
You can also find me at debiriley Pinterest where I have 40+ art boards with watercolors, pastels, oil paintings, collage and alot more super fun collections.