The simplicity of line, tone and color are captivating.
The subtle nuances of colors and shades lovely.
The “Wabi Sabi” imperfections that were just left alone, to BE ….. delicious. Indeed, those drips, ‘splotches’….. make the painting come to life!
Angela’s Watercolor Glass
Angela is an artist just starting out.
She has very graciously given permission to show her artwork online. Thank You!
So in respect, for Angela’s kindness in allowing me to post her work online-
I ask that you please, do not, copy or duplicate or take her work….she deserves to be compensated, for her labor. For her money, time and effort.
I’d like us all to be aware that as an artist…… it is our Source of income.
For most artists,
This. IS. our Job.
The artwork you see displayed, is the bread on our tables. That is our reality.
It is the exact same as if we had created a TV. or a carpet. or wedding cake. or wrote The Game of Thrones.
…. and of course, we would never think to go and ‘take those.’ just because it was ‘online.’
Thank you so much for understanding “the life, of an artist!!”
Watercolor Glass Painting Suggestions for You!
for your Own Captivating Watercolors painting Bottles and Glass
- Find 5-7 vases, perfume bottles, colored glass bottles of any sort really
- not too many though
- include bottles, vases that are Personal to you, that is what Captivates us!
- green, blue, pink, red, orange & clear, for best color reflections
- set them onto aluminum foil, for the greatest reflections!
- draw them onto paper in a vertical format to showcase those reflections
- make sure the bottles overlap each other, ie interconnecting
- paint back to front
- make sure you have light, mid, dark tones in each glass bottle
- make sure you have hints/dollops of reflected colors from the other bottles too
- don’t stress about getting the ‘shapes’ just right ….. so much as creating the ambience of the Reflections!
I was quite excited with Angela’s painting. A leap aheap. A deft touch. I could sense the ‘feeling’ in the painting. Lively, yet with delicacy.
Captivating Watercolor Glass Painting, by Angela.
Wabi Sabi Zen the magic of seeing Beauty in the imperfect, impermanent, unfinished