Still looking for stocking stuffer ideas for the artist in your family? If you’re the artist, you know it doesn’t take a lot to make you smile when you unwrap your treasures under the tree! Perhaps a hint or two might be in order…..
For those of you who might still be looking for a quick stocking stuffer, I thought you might enjoy this List. The Hake brush I’ve found at one shop for $1.99 amazing. Some of these are under $5 and most are right around at the $10 range. A few are in the pricier range, but hey, it never hurts to put some of those on the list.
- Small postcard sized art journal and/or a slightly larger size
- Sharpies, pens, markers – white, blue, brown, black, red; Varying widths
- Tube of genuine cobalt blue pb28, artist quality vs student range
- Inktense pencils or blocks
- Hake brush
- Large, wide, flat brush
- Rekab 320s #2 squirrel watercolor brush
- 1 Palette knife Pk#1008
- Gift Voucher to a local art shop
- Gift Certificate to online art shops, ( i.e. Cheap Joes, Jerry’s Artarama, Dick Blick..)
- 1 sheet of Fabriano Rough, or Arches Cold Press 300gsm watercolor paper
- Drawing papers – newsprint, cartridge, Canson, white, beige, colored, … lots of it!
- Fancy Drawing paper – perhaps Stonehenge paper, Or Fabriano Roma handmade paper
- Niji Japanese plastic waterbrush pen, water refillable type
- Acrylic artists would LOVE Any paint from Golden – (Indanthrone Blue is so cool)
- Acrylic artists might like 1 good sized, wrap around style canvas, with wide sides
- Gloss, Satin acrylic mediums are extremely versatile for many media projects
- Oil painters might … like 1 tube of Langridge oils or Vasari .. as a treat
- Great “basic” colors: Winsor Lemon or Hansa Yellow Light; Quinacridone Rose; French Ultramarine; Prussian Blue; Cobalt BLUE -not HUE; can’t go wrong with these!
- Sensational, melting buttery, oil pastels – Sennelier brand is lovely and soft and glides/blends easily – They are Great! can be used Over wc, oils, acrylics.
Happy shopping, painting and hinting!