Monday’s Motivation – 5 easy steps and you’ll be perky, chirpy and dancing out the door! Ok, I fibbed a little. There are days I just can’t dance either, but I can get motivated to get out the door!
5 Motivation Tools and Ideas
Ideas and tricks that work for me, when I’d rather be doing something else, and rather be somewhere else…like at the beach or riding a horse.
What works for me may not be right for you. In fact, these don’t always work for me every time either. But more often than not, they do!
- As some of you may have figured out by now, I do like the short morning or afternoon stroll.
Fresh air. Roses, flowers, trees, gardens they work wonders for inspiring and motivating me. It works without fail. Even a mini stroll of less than 5 minutes, will help.
2. Music that suits my mood for the morning can motivate me….. Every day is different. Nature zen music works fabulous when I can’t do a morning stroll; generally, nice soft easy tunes also work most days. But other days more lively and soulful artists like Karise Eden or even a belt out hit from Tina Turner can jumpstart some energy fairly quickly for me.
3. I’m a visual person, so If I have just 5 minutes – I’ll look through my photo library. I put together a Favorites Album for easy and Speedy, referencing.
Its a tried and true way for me to be inspired, motivated and ‘chirpier’!
With all my pictures of family, friends, pets, holidays, travel locations ….. its impossible not to smile.
What if I’m running late? And terribly unmotivated?
4. Coffee, in expresso form, hits the spot.
5. And Silence in the car. There is power in Silence.
I can get my thoughts organised. My day’s agenda planned. In the Silence, I can sneak glances at the parks, trees, the little beauties that make the drive a more enjoyable one.
By the time I park the car, I’m no longer kicking and screaming silently “Its Monday,” but feeling rather perky.
“If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl; but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” Martin Luther King Jr.
This Martin Luther King Jr. quote has always resonated with me. I’ve loved the message about motivation, persistence and taking just one more step.
Enjoy the photos. Enjoy your motivated Monday!